About Louise Collyer
A highly experienced TCM acupuncturist, Chinese Medicine herbalist and Functional Medicine practitioner, I offer treatment tailored specifically to you. I specialise in optimising women’s gynaecological and reproductive health, removing the pain, negative health impacts and life constraints of such issues. And I enable people to conceive and nourish the healthy babies they long for.
I bring together an expertise in the ancient wisdom of Chinese medicine with a specialism in the cutting edge advances of Functional Medicine to bring you the best of both worlds. And I do this in a straightforward, supportive way, giving you access to these health shifts in an accessible way. I work in partnership with my clients, where we’re both fully committed to the process. We work hard but we have fun – humour is so important to me and is such a great healer.
I have a particular passion for releasing people from the vicious constraints of endometriosis and endo fertility issues, enabling them to seize a life without limitations. And have the family they long for, whatever hand they’ve been dealt.
My interest in Eastern medicines arose whilst living in Japan for two years and exploring the Japanese approach to health. Having seen the benefits of a culture using acupuncture, herbs and shiatsu for health preservation, it led to me pursuing a career in Traditional Chinese Medicine. After overcoming fertility issues of my own and experiencing first hand the benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine, I am now dedicated to supporting women to reclaim their health, their vitality and their fertility.
Qualifications and Life Experiences
- Postgraduate Diploma in Acupuncture – Northern College of Acupuncture, York
- Diploma in Chinese Herbal Medicine – Acupuncture Foundation, Dublin
- TCM Gynaecology, Obstetrics & Fertility Diploma – Dr Trevor Wing, The Women’s Natural Health Practice, London
- Fertility Support Diploma – Naava Carmen, Fertility Support Company, London
- Graduate of The Women’s Functional and Integrative Medicine Professional Training Programme – Dr Aviva Romm
- Member of the the British Acupuncture Council
- Member of the Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
- Joint owner, with Laura Bicker, of Jesmond Natural Health and Fertility Clinic, Newcastle
“Louise was recommended to me by a friend when I started my first cycle of IVF. She was open, friendly and had a very good understanding of the hormone treatment I was receiving. Her practice complimented each stage of the treatment by enhancing the effect of the drugs but minimising the side effects. In particular I enjoyed having time each week to focus on myself and to relax. I believe that the combination of these factors helped me to conceive first time. I now have a lovely two month old boy who is sleeping in my arms as I write this.”
Want to reclaim your health and boost your fertility?
Book your first session with Louise now